- End of Tenancy cleaning is one of the important aspects that you should put into consideration before moving out. It is quite natural that the next tenant will expect to move into a thoroughly and professionally cleaned new home.
- Other than that, end of tenancy cleaning is an easy way of getting your rental deposit back without falling out with your landlord. It is, therefore, your responsibility to leave your old house just as clean as you found it, for the new tenant.
- The End of tenancy cleaning process can be tedious and frustrating if you do not know the crucial places you need to clean; having a priority list of the places you must clean can be really helpful.
- This is because this list will help you spend less time trying to figure out how to begin the cleaning process. It also enables you to clean areas that are easily forgettable for instance on the loft, on picture frames, kitchen drawers, and so on.
Here are some of the things that you must have on your End of Tenancy Checklist;
- The Carpet;
The carpet is among first things that visitors will notice when they enter your house. Putting that into consideration, the carpet should be the first item on your checklist at the end of tenancy cleaning. You need to make sure that the carpet in each and every room of the house is 100% clean. During the cleaning process, you need to ensure that you use the right products that will not damage the carpet. The living room carpet should be given more attention during cleaning as it experiences more human traffic.
- The Kitchen and kitchen appliances;
In addition to the carpet, the kitchen should be your second priority. The kitchen is considered the heart of the home. For this reason, it should be clean and hygienic in every home. In the kitchen, you need to clean each and every item. This includes floors, walls, windows, cabinets, surfaces and even the ceilings. Besides that, you should clean all kitchen appliances. Kitchen appliances pile up grease with all the cooking that goes on in the kitchen. This is one of the reasons you need to ensure that you remove all the grease from all the appliances and surfaces in the kitchen. You also need to move these appliances and clean the floors under them in case there was spillage at some point.
- The bathroom;
It’s an open secret, dirty and untidy bathrooms are unpleasant. Other than that, they are unhygienic and could easily end up causing infections. During the cleaning of the bathroom, ensure that you clean the floors, the walls, the cabinets, and shelves. Remember to clean the sinks and the mirrors in the bathroom. Lastly, you need to find the right cleaning products for the toilet bowl and seat. This is because the toilet bowl needs to be sparkling clean before the next tenant moves in. For grey or black toilet bowls, you should clean them as well and ensure that there are no stains whatsoever.
- The furniture; Oftentimes, you are required to leave behind some modern luxury furniture when you move out of your rental home. You should clean such furniture and fumigate them as well. Fumigation is recommended for wooden furniture as it helps get rid of bugs and other parasites. You should vacuum them to remove all loose dust particles. The furniture should be clean in a way that the new tenant will feel comfortable using them.
- General Atmosphere of the House. Lastly, to give your current home a fresh feel, you could use air fresheners to get rid of any unpleasant smell and odor in the house.
EOT Cleaning is a professional and affordable end of tenancy cleaning in London; we always use a checklist when cleaning so as to ensure that we leave no area unattended to. You can never go wrong with us, try us today and experience end of tenancy cleaning services with a difference.